18 Wheels of Steel Extreme Trucker Technical Support
Technical support is provided by the game's publisher/distributor.
Please note that there different editions of the game on the market in various territories, sold either in physical form on a CD or in online digital distribution. If you run into problems, choose the correct support contact information to obtain help.
- CD Version - USA & Canada
- Trymedia edition ("free trial" or "demo") - digital version, worldwide
- covers the demo offered for download by this website, or downloaded from their TryGames game portal website
- the ActiveMark time-lock protection system is developed and the game is distributed online by TryMedia
- get technical support concerning download issues, activation problems, and refunds
- Direct link to the Knowledge Base
Minimum system requirements
- Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
- 2.2 GHz CPU
- 1 GB RAM (2+ recommended on Vista)
- 1 GB HD Space
- 256 MB graphics accelerator (GeForce FX or better class, ATI 9600 class)
Important Advice before contacting tech support
Over 90% of technical support requests are in some way related to graphical bugs or graphics accelerator problems in general!
These problems may manifest themselves differently on different hardware and different PC configurations. Examples include:
- the screen turns black instead showing the game, or
- there are weird colorful artifacts and flickering geometry on the screen, or
- the game may display a dialog stating: Extreme Trucker is having a problem and is unable to draw graphics on your computer (no valid graphics device was found)", or
- the game runs for a few minutes, but then crashes or freezes the computer.
In most of the cases, the help is simple: update your graphics accelerator drivers. Graphics accelerator companies frequently update the drivers with bug fixes and performance enhancements, so all of your applications should benefit from the upgrade.
ATI (AMD) - Radeon and All-In-Wonder series cards:
- Download the ATI drivers here
- Pick your operating system in first step, select your 3D card type in second step, and finally click the link to download latest video driver.
NVidia - GeForce series cards:
- Download the Nvidia drivers here
- On the page linked above, you need to choose the correct Product Type, Series and Operating System.
Intel - Intel Express, 8x5, 9x5 series 3D chipsets:
- Intel has a wide range of mobile and desktop graphics controllers.
- Download Intel graphics drivers here
- The page above lists various Intel graphics parts, and it also has a useful guide for identifying your Intel graphics controller if you are unsure of what you need.
Important: Please note that upgrading DirectX is not enough! DirectX is a different layer of the whole "graphics stack" than the graphics controller drivers supplied by hardware manufacturers.
Note: Many brand name notebook and desktop computer manufacturers recommend or even require that driver updates be obtained from their official technical support facilities.
Note: various companies seem to prefer different terms for the devices producing 2D and 3D graphics on your screen. For practical purposes, the terms graphics card, video card, graphics chipset, graphics accelerator, graphics controller, or 3D card can be considered equivalent.